Friday, June 02, 2006

Cosas interesantes

Interesting things so far:

- in Mexico, I was told by a coworker, it's bad luck to leave your purse on the floor

- small car accidents can be settled with an exchange of 20 USD (United States Dollars) - imagine forgetting the whole insurance thing! :)

- I will never be able to go back to American-made "tacos" (sorry Stroud - I'm afraid this might mean no more Taco Bell). Or salsa for that matter.

- you never, ever want to get caught up in a Mexican prison (no no! I haven't gone to jail. I just went with a coworker to visit some Americans there). Just don't.

- in order to travel past 20-30 km into the Mexican border, you need to get a permit/visa. Many Americans don't know this, as the U.S. consulates along the border know all too well. Think "deportation".

- there are 66 different types of U.S. visas...I have learned to appreciate what some of my international friends have gone through to come to the U.S.

Good night,
Cat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

".... you never, ever want to get caught up in a Mexican prison ......."

Yeah, I heard they have cochroaches.